Acuerdo de asociación transpacífico: cuando la cura es peor que la enfermedad
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Sistemas de salud
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesTranspacific partnership: when the cure is worse than the disease
CitationSOLARI, Lely. Acuerdo de asociación transpacífico: cuando la cura es peor que la enfermedad. Rev. perú. med. exp. salud publica [online]. 2015, vol.32, n.3, pp. 586-590. ISSN 1726-4634.
PublisherInstituto Nacional de Salud (INS)
JournalRevista peruana de medicina experimental y salud pública
AbstractPeru is negotiating the Transpacific Partnership Agreement, a commercial treaty that could have deleterious implications for the health systems of the included partners. Transparency and Intellectual Property chapters are the most controversial elements. The first mostly because it opens the possibility for groups of interest to refuse decisions being taken by the sanitary authorities concerning the incorporation of health technologies to the public health systems. The second because it poses restrictions to the entrance of generic medical products, widening the period of data exclusivity and implementing mechanisms of opposition to their registry. Other chapters include strategies to block the states from regulating the consumption of alcohol, tobacco and processed foods. We ought to create surveillance systems to evaluate the impact of the agreement if it is signed, and generate mechanisms that prevent the little resources we already have devoted for health to be deviated to top technology that will not necessarily have a positive impact at a population level.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Provisions in Intellectual Property, Transparency, and Investment Chapters Threaten Access to Medicines in the US and Elsewhere.
- Authors: Baker BK
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- The NCI All Ireland Cancer Conference.
- Authors: Johnston PG, Daly PA, Liu E
- Issue date: 1999
- A new generation of trade policy: potential risks to diet-related health from the trans pacific partnership agreement.
- Authors: Friel S, Gleeson D, Thow AM, Labonte R, Stuckler D, Kay A, Snowdon W
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Primary health care in the context of rapid urbanization.
- Authors: Rossi-espagnet A
- Issue date: 1983
- Is health impact assessment useful in the context of trade negotiations? A case study of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement.
- Authors: Hirono K, Haigh F, Gleeson D, Harris P, Thow AM, Friel S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 4